Dryfiring your centerfire firearm will not affect the functioning of the gun. However, if you plan to dryfire a rimfire model, we suggest you use snap caps to prevent any firing pin damage. If you close the bolt and pull the trigger once, it will not have any affect on the gun, but if you plan to fire the gun repeatedly without a live round in the chamber, you should use snap caps.
Articles in this section
- What is the grey dot on the back of the dust cover of my A17?
- When will the new B-Mag rifle be available?
- I need an owner's manual for my current model Savage firearm. Where can I get one?
- MSR FEEDING INFORMATION
- Why can't the trigger housing be installed on my A17?
- Why is it difficult to install the trigger housing retaining pin on my A17?
- Why is it difficult to install the rear action screw into my A17?
- What is the part opposite of the extractor on my A17?
- What are the square holes in the dust cover on my A17?
- Why is the dust cover difficult to put back on my A17?