The main difference between a short action and long action firearm is the length of the receiver. A short action firearm will be offered in calibers with shorter cartridges (i.e. 223 REM, 243 WIN, 308 WIN, etc.). A long action firearm will be offered in "longer" calibers (i.e. 25-06 REM, 270 WIN, 30-06 SPFLD, etc.).
Articles in this section
- What is the grey dot on the back of the dust cover of my A17?
- When will the new B-Mag rifle be available?
- I need an owner's manual for my current model Savage firearm. Where can I get one?
- MSR FEEDING INFORMATION
- Why can't the trigger housing be installed on my A17?
- Why is it difficult to install the trigger housing retaining pin on my A17?
- Why is it difficult to install the rear action screw into my A17?
- What is the part opposite of the extractor on my A17?
- What are the square holes in the dust cover on my A17?
- Why is the dust cover difficult to put back on my A17?